Wednesday 25 September 2013

An Ode to Autumn

 
"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made.  The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air."
-   Eric Sloane
 
 
I love the hot summers but Fall has to be my favorite.  I love the crisp air, colourful leaves, the wild flowers rich hues and the clean scent in the wind.
 
It comes quickly and seems to be done faster than if came.
 
Some pictures from last fall in my neighbourhood.
 

 
 "The milkweed pods are breaking,
And the bits of silken down
Float off upon the autumn breeze
Across the meadows brown."
-   Cecil Cavendish, The Milkweed

Nature inspires me, I love working with felt, see my creations below.

 


"No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face."
-   John Donne

 
"When the bold branches
Bid farewell to rainbow leaves -
Welcome wool sweaters."
-   B. Cybrill
 

 
 "Lo! sweeten’d with the summer light,
The full-juiced apple, waxing over-mellow,
Drops in a silent autumn night.
All its allotted length of days
The flower ripens in its place,
Ripens and fades, and falls, and hath no toil,
Fast-rooted in the fruitful soil."
-   Alfred Lord Tennyson, The Lotus-Eaters
 
 
 
What inspires you? 
Know what it is and make time for it everyday, we are here to learn, create and to inspire.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment