Friday 13 September 2013

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!!
 
IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR, BEAUTIFUL LEAVES CHANGING COLOURS, CRISP CLEAN AIR AND GERMS ALL AROUND CAUSING COLDS!


 
I will share mine but I want to hear from my readers what their home remedies are!!
 
I like to try and do everything possible to stay away from using over the counter medicines to "bandaid" the symptoms.
I have a few remedies I swear by and have had a few pasted onto me over the years.
 
1.  To build immunity and help sooth throat make ginger tea. Take a cube of raw ginger say the size of 2 dice and cut up into smaller pieces.  Add this and cayenne pepper into a tea pot, 6-8 cups serving size.  Add hot water and let steep for 20 minutes.  Drink no more than 3 cups of this as it is at a medicinal level after steeping over 20 minutes.  I add honey for a little flavour as well.
 
2. Hot water with lemon and honey.  Good for sore throat and to cleanse you.
 
3.  I was recently told if you are sick or feeling like you are getting sick to shorten the ill time I should take a whole onion and cut it in half.  Put one half in the bedroom and the other half in the livingroom.  I have tried it and have not gotten fully sick and feel I am getting better:)
 
4.  Eat a whole glove of garic daily to build immune system.  If you dont want to be smelly you can take garlic capsules they are almost as effective!!
 
What are your remedies ?
 
 


1 comment: