Tuesday 10 September 2013

Shrimp Pasta Dish mmmmmmmmmm

So I made one of my favorite dishes tonight: Shrimp Pasta.  I want to pass this on but I have been making this for years and I cannot remember the measurments I will wing it on here as I do when cooking it, let's hope it works out for ya.
I have to be careful about my diet, food sensitivities, so I stay away from tomatoes and dairy and wheat.  How do you enjoy pasta without a creme sauce or tomato sauce?  see below

Need:
 
brown rice pasta ~ I use linguine ~ 4 servings
frozen cooked shrimp ~ 340 g package
olive oil ~ a coating of the pan
2 gloves of garlic
3 shallots
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of tumeric
hot cayenne to taste ~ I use lots


Prepare:

Boil water for pasta, when boiling add pasta, stir occasionally so pasta does not stick.
In a frying pan, on medium heat, add:  olive oil, shallots, cumin, tumeric and shrimp.  Cook for about 15 minutes in the last 5 minutes add the garlic.
Once pasta is ready, el dente is the best, strain it and add back into the pot.  Once in the pot add the contents of the frying pan, stir over low heat for about 2 ~ 3 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!!!
I usually have a salad with it


2 comments:

  1. have to try this someday! sounds yummers and healthy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ID LOVE TO SEE VEGETARIAN RECIPEES!

    ReplyDelete