Tuesday 1 October 2013

Here is a simple DIY project

 
 

 
 
I am seeing these everywhere; even in my kitchen :)
 

 

 
 I saw them in magazines and on different websites and thought how easy to make, even I can do this.
 
I added some flowers from the dollar store and voila a pretty focal point in my kitchen to add a pop of colour.




What you need to make this DIY project:

3 empty glass jars preferably a mason jar or ones with some writing on it, 3 paint colours to match your decor (I am using acrylic paints you can use spray paint as well), paint brush, twine, glue gun, scissors, sandpaper (any grade) and your artistic self  :)
 
 
 
This will be a little different then the ones above as we will be adding twine at the top of our jars for more texture.
 
If you are going to be blending paints to make a certain colour remember you will need enough for approximately 4 coats on each jar so mix enough.
 

STEP 1:
Make sure your jars are all washed and have all paper labels and glue removed from them and start painting them.  Each will need approximately 4 coats


Paint all three jars and have them dry over night.

to be continued......

1 comment:

  1. HOMIGOSH i love your backsplash and your table! but besides that, very cool DIY!...need to find myself some jars now....

    ReplyDelete