Wednesday 2 October 2013

DIY continued...
 
 
STEP2: 

 

After paint has dried completely it is time to glue the twine onto the top of our jars.  Start at the bottom just under the last lip and use your glue gun.  I suggest you glue about 2 inches at a time and pull the twine around inch by inch, it makes for a cleaner job and less painful ~ glue guns are HOT

 


I happened to have some awesome flowers that I thought would look great on my jars, if you have anything laying around that you think will add a lil something something GO FOR IT !!
 
 
STEP3:
 
Take your sandpaper, any grade, and gently scrap off paint in various areas of your jars.  This will give it that aged look.  There is no right or wrong way to do this.
 
 
STEP4:
 
Place your jars where you want in your home.  You can add flowers to your jars for a pop of colour, add some foilage for more textured layers or leave them empty.  Trust your creative eye :)
 


 
Share your DIY projects, I would love to see the results  :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Omg Steph!!!
    I love this idea!!! Stunning!!!!
    ... leave it to you to be so creative....keep it up!!!
    ~Daniella XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and shabby chic! I love 'em!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sp pretty Steph! Love what you have done! Also love the matteness of the paint. So cool :D

    ReplyDelete